Updated: Nov 2, 2019
Written By: Michelle Wagman
If you have never had the chance to visit Walt Disney World during the holiday season, I would highly recommend that you do! Disney really knows how to make everything extra magical, and here are some highlights to check out during the holiday season…..
* “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party” This is a separate ticketed event that happens only in the Magic Kingdom park, on select evenings. The park is transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with a holiday themed parade and spectacular fireworks! You can also meet characters that only come out once a year like Jack Skellington dressed as Sandy Claws, Scrooge McDuck and the big man himself – Santa Claus. Queen Elsa will also transform Cinderella’s Castle with her icy powers, so make sure you don’t miss it! Pro Tip: You can actually enter the park as early as 4 pm, and then the event will officially begin at 7 pm.
* Go resort hopping The Deluxe resorts on Walt Disney World property, really know how to do the holidays right! They have big trees decorated in the lobby, and giant gingerbread houses on display as well. It is truly impressive! My favourite displays are always in the luxurious lobby of the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
* “Epcot International Festival of the Holidays” Celebrate the holiday season with traditions and cuisines from around the world at Epcot. The best part is that it is included in your regular park admission! The crowd pleasing Candlelight Processional is offered on select dates throughout the holidays, and features a celebrity reader, telling the biblical tale of Christmas. Pro Tip: Book an advanced dining reservation under the Candlelight Dining Package, which will allow you priority seating at one of the shows that evening.
* “Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam” Hollywood Studios park offers a night time light and sound projection show for the holiday season, that is sure to get you in the spirit! The show happens on the Chinese Theatre, so make sure to secure your spot in front.
* Disney Springs Disney’s restaurant and shopping district also offers holiday themed entertainment. You can pose for photos with Santa, listen to holiday carollers, and have a holiday dance party! Make sure to check out the Disney Springs Christmas Trail where you will find a variety of Disney themed trees. Plus, no park admission is required to visit here!
Another way to make sure your vacation goes smoothly, is to book it with an expert planner! I am a travel agent with ClickTheMouse.ca, who is an official Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I would be happy to be your fairy godmother, and help make all of your vacation dreams come true. And the best part of receiving all of my expertise, is that when you book your package with me, my services are complimentary! You can contact me directly for a free quote: firstname.lastname@example.org